
Last summer, before Layla was born, Becky and I went on vacation to San Miguel de Allende in Mexico. If you have never been, it is a wonderful place to visit.
Becky and I spent lazy days reading, exploring the beautiful city and its many art galleries and eating the loc
al food. Our only scheduled activity was our daily Spanish lesson at the public library.The library also hosted a summer
youth program and we practiced by conversing with some local children. They were happy to listen to and c
orrect our broken Spanish and we were more than happy to buy them some ice cream at the end of the session.

The girls were very curious about Becky's pregnancy and Layla. "Will Layla visit San Miguel?" "When will she start school?" "What will her room look like?"
On the last day, they threw Becky and Layla a surprise baby shower. Their gifts included Crayon drawings which I've finally scanned and posted. Enjoy!
2 comments:
What a wonderful experience for all of you.......any way of sending a picture of Layla to the local library for the young teachers to see Baby Layla for real?
No doubt Layla will make a trip with you if a return trip is in the future.
Love,
Jean
Jean,
We keep in touch with our teacher in San Miguel, Senora Maria Theresa, by email and have sent her pictures. I'm not sure if the little girls have seen them yet as Maria Theresa sees them in the Summer when they're out of school.
Not sure what the future will bring but I would love nothing more than for Layla to go with us to San Miguel and make some friends of her own there.
Post a Comment