Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Layla Meets Her Pediatrician

Layla had a 9am sharp appointment with her pediatrician this morning. This first photo shows her sitting expectantly in her car seat. Obviously she could hardly contain herself.

We left behind schedule due to a wardrobe malfunction. Luckily Layla's pediatrician works only a 15 minute minute drive from our house.

Layla looked on incredulously as Becky and I realized, after arriving, that we brought ourselves and her but no diaper bag or baby gear (diapers, wipes, lotions, wet-vac, etc.). Obviously we are amateurs with a lot to learn.










Layla happily met her doctor, Dr. Brittany Boulanger, but could've done without the cold hands.

Dr. Boulanger declared Layla to be in perfect health. She patiently answered our questions on sleep cycles and breast feeding and let us know what to expect from Layla regarding development and milestones. Months ago, I didn't know a meconium from a pseudo-menses, now I listen raptly knowing that this information could prove critical later.

Layla has gained weight since being released from the hospital. She'll return to the clinic on Friday for a weight check to track progress.

You can't go wrong when your doctor has a good French name like Boulanger; so Layla and I are glad to have her on our team.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Baker...babies...bun in the oven...Of *course* she had to a pediatrician! That or a pastry chef.

She looks great though...doc and baby. Wonderful!

Unknown said...

Ha! We did the same thing. Found ourselves at the pediatrician without a diaper bag. We ended up borrowing a diaper that was meant for a hundred pound baby!!! I think we all do it.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I actually know what meconium is only because Becky and I used to review newborns' medical records looking for test subjects. Bet it sure is something else in person though!