Well...I had an appointment today and going into it I naively thought that it might reveal exciting information about my progress. I was wrong. The doctor did give me a small amount of info regarding the state of my cervix, though I'll spare you all the fun details. Basically, no dilation. Not that I really thought there would be, but it sure would have been exciting. So now we wait till next Wednesday's appointment. She said that at that point we can talk about when we would induce if things don't happen on their own. However, there's still plenty of time for all that to happen. And I've ordered Thanksgiving dinner from Stop and Shop, so really, Layla should feel free to arrive at any point next week (so long as it's not while I'm at school!). If we're in labor during turkey time, we'll eat the leftovers! Can't wait to meet our little turkey!!!
1 comment:
Hopefully, your doc won't push you into an induction (and I really recommend not pushing her!). Believe me, there's nothing worse than a failed induction because your body isn't ready to go into labor. 24+ hours of being in the hospital with miso and pitocin just isn't a good scene. Plus, the fatigue that ensues just sets you for a C-section and all those risks.
-Alisa
Post a Comment